Trump and the U.S. Government barely have Puerto Rico on their radar, so how can we put it on ours?
Introducing Puertopia, where Blockchain technology can be tested without overbearing regulation or taxation, and attract young entrepreneurs to help rebuild the island.
After an underwhelming US Government relief effort, Puerto Rico welcomes Blockchain startups to motivate their rebuilding effort. Incentives are already in place through the island’s tax code (acts 20 and 22), allowing individuals involved in Cryptocurrency who want to avoid capital gains tax to start their own infrastructure. Puerto Rico is attracting generation Crypto with regulatory changes rather than fiscal ones.
These regulatory changes will allow innovation that will not only improve the economic outlook of the island, but will also help reverse Puerto Rico's infamous brain-drain. The effort to rebuild the island can be supported by public-private partnerships relying on new technology improving on Puerto Rico’s age-old physical and regulatory infrastructure.
What will blockchain do for Puerto Rico?
- Blockchain technology will maintain the interconnectivity of the island while making sure all electronic data is linked and secured.
- Smart electric grids, localized power generation, and other ways to generate power can be used where the foundation has been completely destroyed.
- Blockchain can be used to tokenize land lease holdings will encourage construction of structures, benefiting leaseholders and people using the technology.
- Blockchain-friendly regulation will motivate entrepreneurs to move (back) to the island.
- Generating tax revenue and speeding up the implementation of blockchain solutions to the island, because everything is so close in proximity.
- Entrepreneurs involved in the blockchain industry can utilize their capital, know-how, and contacts to create a strong foundation.
The entrepreneurs leading this effort are Brock Pierce (Director at the Bitcoin Foundation) and Bryan Larkin (CTO, Blockchain industries). The two of them were able to move up in society by using this revolutionary technology and have decided to direct their efforts into making Puerto Rico a paradise for Blockchain startups, while rebuilding the island and making it a more functional environment.
Want to learn more about how you can participate?
Join us on May 9th & 10th at George Mason University
At Startup Societies Summit GMU, we will examine all the aspects of how to rebuild Puerto Rico. Ranging from infrastructure, debt, and special economic zone development, to the potential for green energy projects and seasteads. It’s time to rebuild.